A BLOG ABOUT ALL THINGS ARTY. BE INSPIRED.

21/12/2012

ARTIST: Julien Pacuad

Hey there!
*insert standard apology for not blogging in ages*
I found this awesome artist the other day - Julien Pacaud.  He is a french artist who is fantastically quirky. On his website it says that he "
hopes he can someday have enough free time to devote himself to his real passion : time travel."
I am a massive fan of collage and my recent obsession with anything to do with space/galaxies/star print meant that Pacaud is the artist of my dreams! He combines vintage images with modern prints and concepts and his work has a scientific edge to it which was probably influenced by his previous job as an astrophysicist. 
His work is pretty surreal (a style that I am usually not a fan of), but I think he makes it work really well because of the simple shapes that uses.
Check him out here: http://www.julienpacaud.com/  
I even created a new cover photo for my Facebook profile inspired by his work! 



 Artwork for Tamara Goukassova's EP : "August in September"


my inspired collage

No comments: