A BLOG ABOUT ALL THINGS ARTY. BE INSPIRED.

05/02/2011

Google Art Project


Wow! This brand new project launched by Google is still in it's early stages but I think it's going to grow into something huge. Google has used their 'Street View' technology to map out some of the biggest art galleries in the world. Now you can visit galleries in London, New York and Madrid all from the comfort of your own home. This project will hopefully make Art more accessible for people in all corners of the world. It's still very limited but hopefully entire galleries will be available soon.

I've only looked at the Tate in London so far (as it's the only one that I've been to) and it's really exciting being able to zoom right in on the pictures. However, I don't think that this can be a replacement for seeing the pieces in real life. The feeling when you see these famous paintings in front of you just can't be re-created through a computer screen... Until I'm able to visit all of these countries though, I guess this will have to do!
www.googleartproject.com

No comments: