A BLOG ABOUT ALL THINGS ARTY. BE INSPIRED.

15/04/2011

PHOTOGRAPHER: James Mollison

I think Mollison has to be one of my favourite photographers. As I said before I love "people watching" and seeing what people are wearing and what their stories are. I think photographs of people are amazing because they are not just there to "look pretty" but also can reveal so much about a person. Mollison has done several photo series. My two favorites are "The Disciples" and "Where Children Sleep."
In the more humorous collection "The Disciples" Mollison takes photos of music fans at concerts and shows how fans copy their music heroes.
http://www.jamesmollison.com/project.php?project_id=3&p=synop
(Oasis Fans)
In his photo series "Where Children Sleep" Mollison takes pictures for a cause as he explores childrens' rights and one of the most personal things for a kid - their bedroom. It's really interesting to see the differences between the areas not only due to wealth but also because of culture. For information visit the site above and to see more examples check out this link - fubiz.net%2f2011%2f03%2f03%2fwhere-children-sleep%2f#more-139347

No comments: