A BLOG ABOUT ALL THINGS ARTY. BE INSPIRED.

14/04/2012

Barbie Girl

Woah! I can't believe its been so long since I've done any new posts (almost an entire year!). I shall try to update the blog more regularly from now on.I came across this project by artist Jocelyne Grivaud and loved it as soon as I saw it! All girls (and maybe some boys too) will remember playing with Barbies when they were children. Opening up the packaging for a Barbie doll was always a brilliant experience as their clothes and hair were all shiny and new! That moment was a special part of Grivaud's childhood and she has created a tribute to Barbie with this exhibition by recreating famous works of art with the iconic image of Barbie.To see more of her work go here: http://www.barbiemamuse.com/eng/barbie_galerie.php

No comments: