A BLOG ABOUT ALL THINGS ARTY. BE INSPIRED.

15/04/2012

PHOTOGRAPHER: Jasper James

Jasper James is an awesome photographer but my favourite collection of his is his "City Silhouettes" series. These incredibly simple portraits have been captured beautifully and skilfully. Having lived in an apartment all my life, the familiar view of a city skyline with tall buildings reminds me of home. I'm not sure if these portraits are created where the view from the window is relevant to the subject or not but that could add a personal touch to the photo. My favourite part about this collection (apart from the unique idea) is the way the simple silhouettes are such a contrast next to the busy, crowded streets and buildings - it really works! 
Check out more of his work here: http://www.jasperjames.co.uk/project/people-and-places-2/


No comments: