A BLOG ABOUT ALL THINGS ARTY. BE INSPIRED.

30/12/2012

Design Seeds

Anyone else out there just LOVE colour? Those paint pallet samples from Ace Hardware were used for many a craft project in my childhood. I love combining colours, mixing colours, clashing colours, rainbows. Whether it be getting a manicure (always takes me forever to decide); putting together an outfit; redecorating my room or creating some art, choosing the colours is often the longest yet still my favourite part of the process. I find it fascinating when colours just work together when you really feel they shouldn't. I'm not talking red, white and blue here but things like orange and beige, try it - it works. 

Maybe that's why I love this website http://design-seeds.com. A pallet of colours is chosen based on a picture which often evokes a mood or feeling. This is super useful if you're looking for a colour scheme for your next interior decoration project (and IKEA is not providing enough inspiration) or you're stuck on where to start on a poster that you have to design. The colour "dropper" tool (technical name?) on photoshop really comes into use here! The website is neat and simple and I could look at it all day! 



No comments: